Fabrication Requirements for Pipe Coating
In order to ensure that we offer our customers the best service and that each item is finished to the highest standard, Northpoint Ltd have a number of fabrication requirements for pipe coating. These requirements are as follows:
- Lifting lugs will be required for plain ended pipes in excess of 1000 mm dia to facilitate fluidised bed process. These should be affixed 100-150 mm from the end about the centre line.
- Remove all sharp edges and burrs. Bolt holes should allow additional 2mm clearance.
- Welds should be smooth and free from spatters, undercutting, porosity and excessive high spots or bead. Seamless tube should be free from slivers.
- Heavily corroded steel is generally unsuitable for coating, due to pitting and surface salts. Mill varnish or paints should be avoided.
- Areas requiring masking should be clearly marked on drawings and orders prior to pipe coating.
Quality Assurance in ACCREDITATION ISOQAR : ISO 9001: 2000 certificate 2611/00
For more detailed information regarding pipe coating requirements please see our Technical Downloads. Alternatively please contact us today and our team will be happy to help.